[plug] Re: Clever work

Paul Antoine pma-la at milleng.com.au
Thu Oct 25 09:15:25 WST 2007

Hi Harry/Greg,

Harry wrote:
 > Although not directly Linux, these accounts of Australian development
 > would make an interesting PLUG talk if the organisers agree and you
 > are up for it :-)

...they relate more to Linux than you might imagine.  Most of the people
at Softway and part of the early university work on Unix have or are
still working to build and extend the features of Linux.  Andrew Morton,
Jeremy Fitzhardinge, Peter Chubb, Neil Brown... are all significant and
early contributors to Linux. (This is the *short* list!)

Softway was one of the first Aus companies to contemplate a product
based on Linux as we were selling BSD-based firewalls at the time.

Happy to give a talk to PLUG and/or SAGE-WA/AUUG.

P.