[plug] Who was it that was using Fedora Core 3?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Sep 9 01:27:42 WST 2007

On 8 Sep 2007 at 19:03, Jim Householder wrote:

> Richard Meyer wrote:
> > If I remember correctly you had a dial-up connection and couldn't
> > dowload the latest version.
> >
> > Well, APC magazine (Sept) has Fedora 7 on their DVD, and it costs <
$10.

> That DVD has the F7 ISO that needs to be burned to a blank DVD to be
used.

The APC DVD is bootable - but only as a Live Disk or as a system recovery
disk.

It does give you the option of running startx at the CLI to give you a
configurable 'Window Maker' desktop  with access to some basic utilities
such as text editors (Gvim & nano), also Parted and Partimage for access to
partitions, as well as 'Midnight Commander' for browsing files.

> LINUX Magazine (August 2007) has the distro on a bootable DVD.  $13.95.

Regards Arie