[plug] sensors

Paul Antoine pma-la at milleng.com.au
Tue Sep 18 13:48:35 WST 2007

Adam,

I have designed a PCB using a USB-enabled PIC micro which takes sensor
input and provides digital and relay-switched outputs.  Its I/O
capabilities are easily extended.

It plugs into a USB port and the firmware makes it appear as a serial
port to the PC which allows you to request and receive sensor
information using simple scripting on the Linux side.

The underlying firmware is open source, as is much of the code I've
contributed (mostly because I've yet tidy up the rest for release.)  All
of the firmware development is under Linux using open source and
Microchip's MPLAB.

I'd be happy to work with you to provide a solution for your customer.

Regards,
Paul Antoine
Millennium Engineering Pty Ltd
Mob: 0412 282 657

To keep this on-topic, and for those wanting to know more, the design is
based on the UBW:

http://greta.dhs.org/UBW/index.html

Email me if you'd like advise on the UBW, or help setting up the
development environment under Linux (I use Ubuntu.)