[plug] NAT port forward problem

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Tue Sep 18 20:14:29 WST 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007, Matthew Whitely wrote:
> >So you are doing port forwarding on the same LAN?
>
> I always seem to be able to write a lot without being terribly clear, but
> yes that is exactly what I am attempting to do.

Its a multi-step process:

* tag the packets in iptables;
* setup policy routing in iproute2 to select a different routing table based on
  the marking you did in step 1;
* configure your mail server to intercept the packets coming to it on port 25

How its done for web traffic:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/LinuxPolicyRouteWebTraffic

Its pretty horrible. :)

Adrian

> >Does this help: ?
>
> >http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO/NAT-HOWTO-10.html
>
> Looks like something I might have to look over, thank you.
>
> Just a few too many changes from what I'm used to in this release I think
> (my fault for skipping a few in-between), but I'll get there in the end.

- $25/pm entry-level bandwidth-capped VPSes available in WA -