[plug] dns reverse lookup

Peter Wright pete at flooble.net
Fri Sep 21 10:48:44 WST 2007

On 21/09 10:18:05, Mike Holland wrote:
> Adrian Woodley wrote:
>> How sure are you that a reverse lookup is required, particularly
>> for ssh?  I haven't ever come across it.
>
> nor I. rsync and ftp can work fine without reverse-DNS too. Its quite
> common on LANs.
> Any idea what is actually blocking them on your system Peter?

I'm not the original Peter :), but to the original Peter -

Have you tried checking /etc/hosts.deny ?

If you've got the "ALL: PARANOID" setting enabled, I *think* that may
lead to a problem much like the one described.

Worth a look in any case.

Pete.
--
http://flooble.net/blog
If a listener nods his head when you're explaining your program, wake him up.