[plug] dhcp question

Paul Dean paul at thecave.ws
Sat Sep 22 12:37:58 WST 2007

Hi Bill,

You can't.

The iburst option is only valid for ntp.conf not clients dhcp.leases.

The option would be on a Linux machine is to setup ntpd and specify the
'server ntp.ip.add.ress iburst', and for windows boxen to use the 'net
time /set netbios-name'.

But IMHO, it easier to just use ntp-server option in dhcpd.conf and let
each OS work out the rest, esp if you got lots of machines in the IP
range you want to config.

--

Thanks

Paul Dean.

QOTD
"Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."

Give your very best today.  Heaven knows it's little enough.