[plug] Fedora 7 vs Windows Longhorn Server 2008 Beta 3

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Sep 24 10:14:53 WST 2007

On 24 Sep 2007 at 9:02, regfrem at connect.net.au wrote:

> Not that I am Microsoft fan by any stretch but:
>
> > First I installed an evaluation copy of Windows Longhorn Server 2008
> > Beta 3, then I installed a copy of Fedora 7.
>
> You're comparing a 'Beta' product with a 'non-Beta' product.
>
> I'm sure MS's production version of 2008 Server will be a relatively
> 'bug-free' product like their other OSs.

As I said to Chris previously, it was all about the lack of "basic"
hardware support - things such as hardware detection, configuration and
driver installation.

The system I installed it on does not have any exotic/unusual hardware -
just plain old "ordinary stuff" - and it would not accept any drivers
installed manually by the system administrator.

As for the bugs, I didn't really notice any - but maybe that's because I
have been using Windows since version 3.0 - and the senses tend to ignore
some things.

Besides, if Windows was bug free - it would probably be called Linux.

And as for being a 'beta' product - in my case Fedora 7 - is definitely the
better product. 	:-)

Regards Arie