vmware - Re: [plug] Samba [?] performance quirk

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sun Sep 30 18:53:04 WST 2007

I'm using VMWare Server to run a couple of Win2K machines with VPNs and
TN3270 emulators talking to mainframe (z/OS) systems. I do a fair amount
of file transfer and the only time I see really slow transfers is when I
use the TN3270 client itself to do the transfers using IND$FILE, which
is notoriously slow.

Using Firefox to an FTP site is still pretty fast.

Done via bridged networking.