[plug] Re: new kernels don't like scsi controller

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 16:38:29 WST 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 15:52 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> What I'm hoping from you good people is some leads as to why this
> might
> be happening, and confirmation that swapping back in the lsi scsi card
> after os install will work.

Ok, I've answered that 2nd part: the system won't boot after replacing
the scsi card - despite a successful os install with the slower,
alternative card :-( The card recognises and allocates addresses to the
two u320 drives at boot, but then suse reports "waiting for
device /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-yadayada-part3 to appear .... not found -
exiting to /bin/sh"

Now that's a big bummer - I want/need the u320 speeds, rather than the
u160 offered by the older card :-(

Gavin