[plug] vim undo search

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Wed Apr 2 22:16:00 WST 2008

On 2 Apr 2008 at 19:24, Ashley Jennings wrote:

> Hi Deepan,
>

> I search for a nonsense term too.   Usually "/" and mash the left side
of
> kb.
>

> not sure of a simpler way to turn it off.

The correct way to switch off highlighting in vim is to use the command :

:nohlsearch

This is a temporary measure until you use the search function again.

More info is available at :

http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_03.html

There should be a way to add this to the vim startup file as an option
and associate it with a "hot key" --- e.g. use the F12 if vim has no
other function for the F12 key.

try :

	edit ~/.vimrc

and enter on a new line :