[plug] Failing disk drive

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 15 09:45:15 WST 2008

Hello Richard.

I suspect this is too simplistic an answer but smartctl is the tool to
use.   smartctl --help for example or this
page:    http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/man/smartctl.8.html

As to simultaneous drive failure...  Possible I guess (bad batch) but I
would probably be looking for more of a common factor such as power supply
or cooling.  ???

HTH,
Denis