[plug] computer gear for free

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Tue Apr 29 10:26:12 WST 2008

Andrew Howell wrote:
> Still have some equipment we need to get rid of by tomorrow lunch time,
> otherwise it's going in the skip bin. It's free, you just need to come
> pick it up from West Leederville. Call me on 0432 927 801 if you want
> any of it. Don't e-mail me, don't have e-mail at the office anymore.
>
> Sun Ultra 5s and Ultra 10
> DAT tape drives
> Numerous dumb switches
> Smart switches
> Chassis switch with 60 ports
> Cisco 2503 router
> Cisco AS5300 with 120 modems
> Lots of random computer bits/cables

If you want to avoid landfill, there's places that will extract the
scrap materials out of the above.

http://www.wastewise.wa.gov.au/pages/hazardous2.asp?ID=100

In particular I've used, or had multiple recommendations from these two
in the past:

Direct Recycling
238 Balcatta Road
BALCATTA  WA  6021                                       Tel: 9344 8144
Contact - Warren or John
Environmentally friendly computer and printer disposal with nothing
going to landfill.

Collins Recycling Depot
16 Kembla Way
WILLETON WA 6155
Phone: 9457 3973

Ciao,
Greg.

--
      Gregory Orange             Phone: +61 8 9387 7955