[plug] Radeon 9200 available for those interested in Wine Summer of Code.

mccabedj mccabedj at ucc.asn.au
Wed Aug 6 16:24:38 WST 2008

I have a spare AGP Radeon 9200. This is the most powerful ATI card that
still exhibits the problem to be solved by the following Summer of Code,
  so it may be of use to anyone who is thinking of working on this problem.

Direct3D - Implement Pixel shaders on Geforce 4 or ATI 8500 cards

Possible Mentors: StefanDoesinger

     * Currently our minimum requirement for pixel shader support is the
GL_ARB_fragment_program extension. This extension is comparable to
Shader Model 2.0 pixel shaders, and as such is not available on hardware
that has Pixel Shader 1.x support only, like Geforce3/4 cards and ATI
Radeon 8500 to 9200 cards. Those cards have vendor specific OpenGL
extensions which cover up to pixel shader 1.4. Those are
GL_NV_register_combiners and GL_NV_texture_shader on Nvidia cards, and
GL_ATI_fragment_shader on ATI cards. This project would involve mapping
the Pixel Shader 1.x functionality to those extensions. Implementing
this for one brand of cards is big enough for a project already, we can
also have two simultaneous projects for the ATI and NVIDIA codepath

   http://wiki.winehq.org/SummerOfCode

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student, University of Western Australia