[plug] Which brand of laptop?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Aug 7 23:43:08 WST 2008

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, sothisistheinternet wrote:

> Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 13:40:09 +0800
> From: sothisistheinternet <sothisistheinternet at gmail.com>
> To: plug at plug.org.au, billk at iinet.net.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] Which brand of laptop?
>
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 7:00 AM, W.Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
>> My little Sony (work) is a fantastic machine and runs linux well.  They
>> are very reliable (much more so than Dell) - BUT when they break they
>> are almost impossible to get fixed in a reasonable time (in WA). Other
>> staff at work have been without machines for months.  Plus repair costs
>> seem very high.
>
> Yes, that's why I am not a fan of Sony laptops. Been there done that :) :(
>
> Ari

Since the Sony Vaio has been mentioned, I wonder whether anyone
remembers a Sony Vaio laptop that was available in the early 1990's,
that had as the CPU, a Motorola 68020 (or a similar Motorola CPU),
similar to the CPU in the DEC PDP 11/44, and, came with the intalled OS
being SCO UNIX? I think, from emory, that the price was somewhere around
$5,000.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale