[plug] Which brand of laptop?

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Fri Aug 8 13:50:02 WST 2008

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, quoth Bret Busby:

> Since the Sony Vaio has been mentioned, I wonder whether anyone
> remembers a Sony Vaio laptop that was available in the early 1990's,
> that had as the CPU, a Motorola 68020 (or a similar Motorola CPU),
> similar to the CPU in the DEC PDP 11/44, and, came with the intalled OS
> being SCO UNIX? I think, from emory, that the price was somewhere around
> $5,000.

There's a company called "Tadpole Technologies" that did (and still does)
make Sun UltraSparc based laptops, running Solaris:

http://www.tadpole.com/products/notebooks.asp

They once upon a time made DEC Alpha based laptops as well, running
OpenVMS or Digital Unix (OSF/1)

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_1995_Dec_4/ai_17809952

 - Matt