[plug] Debian upgrade udev_0.114-2 -> udev_0.125-5 devfs error

Paul Dean paul at thecave.ws
Sun Aug 17 23:05:24 WST 2008

Hi Adam,

What bind you got yourself in....

Hope this is not a production box, running unstable is for cutting edge new hardware testing, but anyways you are running it.

Do you have the box booting into the OS?

If so, try a `apt-get dist-upgrade`, you may find it will sort out the version jump problems.

If that fails, you may need to roll back from the raid to a non-raid boot, remove udev, ie `apt-get purge udev`, then tidy-up the udev left behinds and reinstall udev again, then recreate the software raid.

Very odd thou the fstab is not referencing the UUID of the drives and using /dev instead, as this the standard now set in lenny(testing), soon to be stable(woop woop yeh!).

But be warned, DON'T shutdown/power off/blah the box when you do this cos it won't boot to the drive again, if you do for whatever reason make sure you got the lastest lenny netinst cd, it has a rescue option.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

--

Thanks

Paul.

QOTD
"Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."

QOTD:
The lunatic, the lover, and the poet,
Are of imagination all compact...
		-- Wm. Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream"

--

Thanks

Paul Dean.

QOTD
"Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."

QOTD:
Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted;
persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting
to find a plot in it will be shot.  By Order of the Author
		-- Mark Twain, "Tom Sawyer"