[plug] strange wifi issue

Lucas van Staden lvs at dedmeet.com
Tue Aug 19 14:06:27 WST 2008

Hi,

The reasons why could be anything, will need some more info....

I recall using a card with rt61 chipset (horrible, and touchy card it
was) in the past on debian, and to get it to auth to WPA wireless I had
to patch and compile the drivers from source.

Possible it is the supported encryption that is the issue?

A quick test would be to disable encruption on your wireless, and see if
it then connects - but don't forget to put it back ;)

Have you looked at your logs? (/var/log/messages and(or)
/var/log/syslog) see if there are any hints in there ?

Personally I would get another card, with another chipset (that is what
I did in the end)

-Lucas