[plug] Debian Etch + Postgresql-8.1IDENT error

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 27 15:54:46 WST 2008

Thanks, Mark.

Ahhhh... RTFM eh?  :-)   I could wrong but I think that (much) earlier
from-source installations of Postgres allowed the style of thing I
mentioned.   Since it worked, I had no incentive to dig any deeper - would
probably have found that out-of-the-box "trust" was the default in pg_hba.conf

Kind regards,
Denis