[plug] FAI, anyone?

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 23:08:54 WST 2008

Hi there!

Has any of you tried FAI (Full automated Installation) in either Debian or
Ubuntu?

I am reading and re-reading the manual but can't understand the classes thingy
and how to write my own.

Any example classes/configuration files (other than the ones provided with the
FAI package) may help a lot.

I just want to Install a full Debian system on client computers using FAI.

I got to the point where everything works with the sample files provided, but
that only installs a very basic Debian over a PXE boot, NFS mounted FS + a
local Debian Mirror.

Thanks!

Cheers!

Marcos