[plug] Asus Eee PC 1000H

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 17:11:31 WST 2008

second the eeepc 1000h  (atom+80ghd)
dual booting xp & linux
http://www.array.org/ubuntu/    works great

--- On Wed, 3/12/08, Gregory Orange <gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com> wrote:
From: Gregory Orange <gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com>
Subject: Re: [plug] Asus Eee PC 1000H
To: plug at plug.org.au

Adam Hewitt wrote:
> My cousin is looking at getting one of these for his uni bound wife
> for christmas. Looking at the comparison charts on the asus website
> this still appears to be the best value for money, even if they did
> remove any hardware benefits from going with the Linux version. Is
> this still the consensus amongst the linux crowds (even in comparison
> to the Dell 9 or the MSI Wind or whatever)?
>
> And on that note, does anyone know where to go about purchasing one at
> this late stage of the festive season purchasing frenzy? Office works
> have a model they call 1000XPH which seems to be the 1000H with Xp
> installed, however it also says it has an 80GB HDD whilst the Asus
> site states it should have a 160GB HDD.

I couldn't find a lot of differences which mattered to me between the MSI
Wind, the HP Mini-Note, the Acer Aspire One and the Asus EeePC. I bought an
EeePC 1000H, and am very pleased with it. It came with XP, I stuck on eee-ubuntu
and haven't looked back. I paid $550 at PLE. Austin had them for $600 at the
time.

Hmm, not listed there any more. Poke through the archives in the past few
months - Ari had a few helpful places to look. I vaguely recall OfficeWorks had
reasonable prices back when I was looking.

Cheers,
Greg.
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au