[plug] Eee Pc 4G memory

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Tue Dec 30 15:32:47 WST 2008

Happy healthy new year to all of you!

And I'm having a lot of fun with my new eee, I added among other things
a 4G SD card.

It's interesting:

    Gparted shows    /            sda1    2.3 GB    ext2    read only
                                  sda2    1.4 GB    ext3
                     /media/D:    sdb1    3.69 GB   ext3    (my decision)

       No mount point for sda2 which is loosely described as a "user"
partition
       with "copy on write" characteristics.

    File manager shows      /           /dev/sda1   1.39 GB
                            /media/D:   /dev/sdb1   3.38 GB

       No mention at all of sda2.

I understand (I think) the purpose of sda2 in that file changes and
updates are written
to the sda2 area keeping the sda1 area unsullied for easy resetting to
factory defaults.
Also making backups simple - only the sda2 area needs to be backed up.
So that's where I'd like to see my 3.69 GB of SD card used, added
transparently to sda2.
Is That possible?, and if so, how??

Currently it's not being used at all, doesn't seem to be readily
available to the system.

regards
Dave Dartnall