[plug] ooxml

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 5 10:50:47 WST 2008

"W.Kenworthy" <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:

>I just had someone send me an excel spreadsheet I couldnt open using
>gnumeric or OO.  A quick looked confirmed an xml header tag - so its
>probably an ooxml document.  Now how do I open the cussed thing in
>linux?

I believe that there are some Novell-provided (but open source)
patches to OpenOffice; at least for Word, not sure on Excel. The
changes may have been rolled into the current beta of OOo by now.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | Great minds discuss ideas;
 X   against HTML mail     | Average minds discuss events;
/ \  and postings          | Small minds discuss people. -- Eleanor Roosevelt