[plug] SanDisk USB drive

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Sat Feb 16 11:35:57 WST 2008

Hi

I just bought a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB USB drive.  It has some
pre-installed software called U3 which allows executing programs
directly from the drive when using MS Windows.

My XP machine shows 2 partitions.  The first appears as a 5MB CDROM,
file type CDFS, and the second is a 3.9GB VFAT.

The odd bit is that my Fedora 8 system cannot see the 5MB CDFS
partition.

I currently do not want or need the U3 system so I want to backup the
drive so it can be restored at some future point if needed.

Is dd a suitable choice?  Only about 85MB is used on the drive, but I
need to keep the partitioning.

TIA
Jim