[plug] Standalone Linux MP3 Player

regfrem at connect.net.au regfrem at connect.net.au
Wed Feb 20 16:30:21 WST 2008

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a self contained Linux distro that is designed soley
to play mp3s?

I have a small WAFER-5820 (MMX compatible) PC 21cm x 17cm x 4cm PC which
is designed to run with a 2 1/2" HDD. The MB incorporates an ethernet
port and AC97. I installed Clark Connect on it as a test.

I'd like to sit the PC (headless) next to my stereo. Connect it to my
home LAN and preferably be able to select and play mp3s or play-list
remotely EG via an Apache driven UI. I suspect that the PC will struggle
to run X.

I doesn't need to be able to play any video files.

Thanks

W.