[plug] low-power server: mini-itx or old laptop

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 21 18:18:58 WST 2008

Couple of days ago received a lynksys wrt150n - $65 on ebay (+postage -
watch this, I got caught :)

The basic lynksys firmware is linux based but cant seem to do true
bridging and there are reports of it locking up.  Replaced it with
dd-wrt - easy.

Its now working extremely well and has all the facilities a gateway
needs.  see http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WEB_server for using it
as a webserver.  I'm just bridging it to an existing network (dedicated
lan) but it can do so much more!

BillK