[plug] using several ethernet cards problem...

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:35:04 WST 2008

El Thu, 3 Jan 2008 10:54:20 pm Ian Kent escribió:
> On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 22:16 +0900, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > Maybe not.
> >
> > This is the way I see it, and I MAY be wrong, but ...
> >
> > You've got a computer w/ 4 interfaces, which means 4 IP addresses.
>
> How does your server know what interface to send a reply to if they are
> all on the same network!
>
> Setup a bonded interface or subnet.
>
> Ian

Sorry Ian, but I don't know what you mean.

My guess is that you tell me that each ethernet card has to be in a different
subnet?

Can't it be done without doing it?

Also, is it possible to build a "virtual" ethernet card with the four? I mean
all having the same IP, and behaving as if it were one.

Thank you!

Marcos