[plug] gigabit lan

Jon L Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Jan 9 09:21:07 WST 2008

If you have the knowledge and want to find out why the LAN is slow use
Wireshark and a hub and see what is the majority packets flowing on the
network.
Once you identify this and fix it then your lan will run faster.  If you
find that the packets are ok, then your switch isn't processing fast enough.
It's either a store and forward switch or a pass-thru switch (faster).

Jon