[plug] SSL certificates?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jul 3 00:00:44 WST 2008

On 1 Jul 2008 at 20:39, Fred Janon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a web site using Tomcat on Ubuntu, I need to provide
> secure access to some of the pages with HTTPS/SSL. The site will be
> accessible through a ".com" and a ".com.au" address. I am clueless
about
> how many and what kind of SSL certificate I should buy... Any idea?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred

Have a look at :

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-sec1.html

There is some information that may provide you with some clues about
creating your own certificates when using SSL and HTTPS with Tomcat.

See under the heading "HTTP secure (HTTPS)"
it's about halfway down the page.

If this doesn't help you scroll to the top right of the page and use the
input box to "Search" for any topic that may help you.

HTH

Regards Arie