[plug] RSS feed content catcher

Garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Thu Jul 3 02:06:27 WST 2008

I'm pretty frustrated with rss feeds..

I subscribe to quite a few via akregator.
Upon clicking on an article I am frequently taken to a web page where I
might need to to search around for the mp3 content, or click on another
link to go somewhere else to find it.. I'd be happy if it would just
quietly retrieve the latest podcasts I subscribe to and put them in a
predetermined directory.

I find the ABC particularly frustrating as there is little consistency
between them..

I realise that a .rss feed contains whatever the generator deems
appropriate, but a direct link to the .mp3 file? Never!

If the rss program could use google to look for .mp3 files inside or
something like that, that'd be perfect.. I tried google's "reader", and
it looks as inept as everything else! 8^(

Have I missed something?

Garry