[plug] DVD and IDE problem fixer for new mobos

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:20:14 WST 2008

My mobo is the ever so catchy named WinFast K8M890M2MA. If it aint broke, don't fix it, but with new kernels from the last few months, these features are actually starting to be used but not always good results. I'd say it's not just my mobo.

"...it was brilliant, there was three up against a thousand, and boy, did we give those three heaps!"

> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:28:58 +0800
> From: michael.holland at gmail.com
> Subject: Re: [plug] DVD and IDE problem fixer for new mobos
> To: plug at plug.org.au
>
> John Knight wrote:
> >  My motherboard is a newer one
> > designed for SATA that has two IDE ports added on that double as RAID
> > controllers, sound familiar to anyone?
>
> Chipset?? Or does this affect anything with "IDE Prefetch Mode"?

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT