[plug] uploading large files

Peter Taekema demo9 at gswd.com
Tue Jul 15 09:34:41 WST 2008

Do you, or have you used Skype (or similar communications software)?

You could kill two birds with one stone.  It's a cheap and easy way to
stay in touch with people from around the world and it has a fairly
useful file transfer option - desktop to desktop.

http://skype.com/intl/en/

For linux  & windows users, another option is pidgin: This will allow
interaction with a number of different comms programs: Aim, ICQ, msn,
yahoo, etc....   and pidgin also has a file transfer option.

http://www.pidgin.im/

I have used skype to transfer large files (100+ MB) and it works fairly
well.

The good part about it is the person at the other end doesn't need to be
a tech head...   Many computer users have experience using msn skype,
yahoo messenger or similar..

PT.