[plug] Mandriva Free Spring 2008

Fred Janon fjanon at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 08:24:47 WST 2008

"It would appear to be human nature to be overwhelmed easily by a great
deal of choice"

The Paradox of Choice. Why less is more...

<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6127548813950043200&q=source:018274856443884224265&hl=en>

I really enjoyed this video and the speaker.

Fred

--- Paul Antoine <pma-la at milleng.com.au> wrote:

---------------------------------
  My experience with people is that simplicity is indeed the reduction
ofchoices hit on introduction to something new.  It would appear to
behuman nature to be overwhelmed easily by a great deal of choice.
Indeed recent research points to wide choice as a major
psychologicalstressor of the modern world.

I feel Ubuntu does a very reasonable job of selecting a useful set
ofinitial choices for those at whom it is primarily aimed: the
averageperson switching from a zero-choice windows environment or not
used toinstalling an operating system.

Ubuntu is *not* aimed at the literate and advanced user though as
onesuch user I find it very comfortable to work with.

Paul