[plug] Multi page pdf printing on a single large page

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 19:24:11 WST 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 19:10 +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 18:09 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 17:49 +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> > > I've got a multi-page pdf where the page size is about 5cm x 5cm.  I'm
> > > wanting to print multiple pages on the one A4 sheet.  I'm sure I've seen
> > > a solution before, but for the life of me I can't recall what it was.
> > > Anyone able to help?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tim Bowden
> >
> > If you're using cups it allows you to set this at print time, but only
> > up to 4 pdf pages per sheet as far as I can see. Maybe its settings can
> > be further tweaked from the cli to do more?
>
> Can't see anything obvious in the ubuntu sanitised cups print driver.
> I'll keep looking...

Well, sorry I haven't researched it to know how widely available it is
before giving you false hope :-( One factor that maybe a major
difference from your setup is that I use the HP drivers for my laserjet
under cups. If not that, then maybe it's the fact that I use cups from
the opensuse repos?

Since it's pdf and you maybe able to use cups, does printing from
ghostscript offer any option? Don't know - just fishing for options ;-)

Gavin