[plug] Decent Video Editing Software for Linux

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 00:21:36 WST 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Bernd Felsche > I use Cinelerra.
Mainly for DV-source editing. It works "well".

> But bombs quite easily, but I guess because of that instability, it
> keeps a session "backup" which can be recovered after a restart,
> putting the edit state back to the command immediately before the
> one that crashed.

I put my vote in for Cinelerra too. It's easy to install in Ubuntu too
(check on the Cinelerra site for repository information).
Sure it bombs occasionally, but it always recovers well.

I use it to edit Videocasts, DVD's, and general video projects. Takes
some getting used to for some more advanced things, but simple things
are easy!

Tim
--
Timothy White - Around Africa