[plug] Ubuntu woes

Beng Tan bengtan at internode.on.net
Thu Jun 19 21:53:02 WST 2008

Hi,

Does the extreme slowness seem to occur when running gui programs, or
cli programs, or both? We might be able to bisect the problem this
way.

When you say 'log in' below, which do you mean?

Logging in at the gnome/kde/Xserver login screen?
Starting a new gnome terminal?

Do you want to try logging in from a virtual console (Ctrl-Alt-F1) and
see if there's any difference?

(Ctrl-Alt-F7 will take you back to your X screen)

Beng