Ubuntu X crashes - Was Re: [plug] Greetings

Beng Tan bengtan1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 19:19:54 WST 2008

Hi,

I have ubuntu 8.04 on a Dell Inspiron 640m. I occasionally get random
crashes (using default gnome), but sufficiently rare enough that I'm
not really fussed.

There was a period when I was using metacity as the window manager,
and if my memory serves, I didn't get any crashes then. Now, I've
switched back to Compiz, and occasional glitches. My memory's a bit
vague though, so don't quote me on it.

Beng