[plug] ups driven automatic server shutdown

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:35:03 WST 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Adam Hewitt <ahewitt at theozhewitts.com> wrote:

> So, my question is this...Should I be able to retrieve an "ok" from this
> object when there is no alarm and a "critical" if there is? Can anyone who
> has an SNMP equiped UPS try retrieving this from their UPS to see if it
> works for you? If I can't retrieve this can someone explain how to
> differntiate between a valid (no returned value) lookup and a failed lookup,
> and why it would have been setup like this?

I'm certainly not a SNMP expert (and so I can't comment on the
correctness of this), but our Liebert NX30 doesn't return that OID
when you run snmpwalk on it.

It does however return the OID
.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.upsMIB.upsObjects.upsOutput.upsOutputSource.0
(<http://www.mnlab.cs.depaul.edu/cgi-bin/sbrowser.cgi?HOST=&OID=UPS-MIB!upsOutputSource>)
which gives an indication as to whether you're on battery or not.
Perhaps this would serve the same purpose?

-Patrick

--
http://www.labyrinthdata.net.au - WA Backup, Web and VPS Hosting