[plug] Photo Scanner...

Blake Munro blake.munro at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 22:53:39 WST 2008

Hi David,

Not sure if the Canon LiDE 25 (1200x2400) USB scanner is supported under
Linux, but you can pick them up at PLE for $97.
I recently installed one of these for a user at work on a Windows box and
the scan quality is pretty good.

www.ple.com.au - Bentley or Wangara

On the other hand, MFC's are extremely cheap, perhaps you could go for a HP
multifunction centre? With the 'hplip' Linux package support is pretty good
these days. I have a HP PSC2410 MFC and scanning/printing works right out of
the box on Ubuntu.

Cheers
Blake