[plug] Photo Scanner...

Bernd Felsche berfel at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 29 10:22:45 WST 2008

David Dartnall <darts at dialix.com.au> wrote:

>Scanners in my price range ($150 +-) noted on the Sane website as having
>Linux drivers and being currently available, seem to be Canoscan lide
>20/30 and Epson V200/350 photo - all of which receive the half-hearted
>recommendation of "good" rather than the more desirable "complete".
>Does anyone have some advice to give please relating to model and
>supplier - I'm sick of having to boot into XP to use my Canon scanner!

Which Canon do you have?

There's a commercial Linux utility that I've used called "Vuescan"
<http://www.hamrick.com/> It's not an alternative to "sane" :-)

It drives my olde SCSI-based CanoScan FS2710 pretty well.

\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | The urge to save humanity is almost
 X   against HTML mail     | always a false front for the urge to
/ \  and postings          | rule. -- H.L. Mencken