[plug] Gallery v1

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Sun Mar 9 18:40:52 WST 2008

'morning,

Yes, it is morning somewhere in the world...like Western Europe :)

Anyway, quick question, does anyone know if Gallery v1 has any limits to
it ? ie if there's a database file somewhere that needs to be backed-up,
saved and a new one created in order for the indexing tables to not get
too big and make the gallery app itself very slow to respond to web
requests ? or if some other sort of clean-up can be done it when there
are thousands of photo's on it ?

For a while I've had problems with my gallery taking a long time
(sometimes up to three minutes) to load any page, same photo's load at
regular speeds if not uploaded via gallery. Been intending to fix it but
too busy at college.

Suggestions, comments are very welcome.

Cheers
Kai