[plug] PLUG & LCA 2010

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 23:49:07 WST 2008

Hi all,

As you may have heard at the AGM, I'm interested in organising a bid for
the Linux.conf.au Conference to come to Perth in 2010. The deadline for
bids is November this year.

For those that don't know, Linux.conf.au is the premier Australian Linux
conference, and is one of the best Linux conferences in the world. Linus
Torvalds often comes, along with hundreds of attendees from Australia
and around the world. It generally runs in January, from a Monday to a
Friday evening. PLUG ran a conference in Perth in 2003.

This is a really big project, so any assistance would be great. If
anyone would like to help at any level, comment, or even just watch the
process, sign up for the PLUG userconf mailing list at
http://www.plug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/userconf.

Initially we'll be working out a list of stuff that we need to organise to
make this happen, looking at previous bids and plans etc, so any
feedback on that (especially from people who did it last time) would
be great.

Cheers,

Patrick