[plug] SUSE 10.3 HANGS hard - or Windows-like behaviour fromLinux ....

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 22:35:22 WST 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 03:27 +0900, Jim Householder wrote:
> >On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 00:28 +0900, Patrick Coleman wrote:

Probably drawing a long bow here ...

I recently downloaded a copy of opensuse10.3 kde live from iinet mirror
for testing and diagnostic use. Would booting and running your pc with a
matching live distro for a day or so show up whether the problem lies
with underlying hardware by overriding base installation without
reinstalling? If you think it's worth a shot I can burn a copy and send
it on to you poste haste. God knows, I owe you a couple of small favours
over recent years.

Gavin