[plug] home cat5 issues

Jason uq1 at hate-tank.net
Wed Mar 19 14:19:44 WST 2008

<snip>

Gavin, I have had the exact same issue recently.  Installed the cable from one side of the house to the other via the ceiling cavity, cable tester
says it's wired correctly but the damn thing doesn't work.

Cable strewn across the floor works fine but unfortunately the wife doesn't like it, and the dog likes to chew it.

I've yet to yank the offending cable out and re-cable, but think that's what I'll have to do.

Hope you resolve the issue (and possibly help resolve mine at the same time!).

Cheers,

Jason.