[plug] home cat5 issues

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu Mar 20 09:36:15 WST 2008

Craig Foster wrote:

> *cough*Ethernet Over Power*cough*
> Eg http://www.netcomm.com.au/EOP/NP285.php
>
> Leave one on your router and move the other one to the closest power
> point to the machine you want to use...
>
> It's not getting your hands dirty, but you're not far off cutting edge
> :P

Good thinking 99! If all your power points are on the same phase you are rocking. I've been eyeing
these devices for about 3 years now but never found a valid reason to buy a couple.

That will solve the problem from one outlet anyway.
I'm not sure how several pairs of them co-exist on the same power circuits though.

Brad