[plug] Error 691 in Linux but not in Windows?

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Fri May 2 15:37:33 WST 2008

On 02/05/2008, Tomasz Grzegurzko <tomasz89 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  This line looks interesting:
>  anon log[decaps_gre:pptp_gre.c:404]: buffering packet 7 (expecting 6,
>  lost or reordered)

I get that occasionally; the PID seems to suggest it's related to
synchronous/asynchronous links. I also get the following often:

anon log[decaps_gre:pptp_gre.c:395]: discarding duplicate or old
packet 643 (expecting 2040)

but I've put that down to links redialling and TCP sequence numbers
and things. I should probably mention that this box handles 70-odd
links to all over the place, which can be dialled and disconnected by
staff as needed. No idea how many links were connected when I did the
test above.

>  What is your procedure with patching with MPPE? Did you use kernel
>  MPPE or PPP based MPPE? The other thing is Debian Sarge is dead now,
>  you do know that right? :)

I grabbed the patch from http://mppe-mppc.alphacron.de/. Did I mention
it works fine with the other 70-odd connections? :)

>  I'd try it off a newer system off the bat (try booting a Live CD or
>  something) as it could be something that's already addressed..

I just tried it with Knoppix 5.0.1 (not the latest I know, but it has
2.6.17 and pppd version 2.4.4b1, both of which are newer than what I
used). Same problem.

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.