[plug] An OpenOffice question

Bernd Felsche berfel at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri May 9 08:32:18 WST 2008

Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> wrote:

>Not really a Linux question, but still Free Software.

>I create a new document in OO writer and when I type the double quote
>(") sign it puts it at the bottom of the line on the open quote. Any
>idea how to change this behaviour to the normal top of the line?

Check your Language setting and fonts.

The standard opening quote is usually U+201C and the closing one
U+201D (Unicode characters).

According to the Help (eek!)
	Choose Tools - AutoCorrect- Custom Quotes tab

You can customise the opening and close-quote marks there.
If the fonts have them, use smiley and frown faces, if you like.
:-)
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | Great minds discuss ideas;
 X   against HTML mail     | Average minds discuss events;
/ \  and postings          | Small minds discuss people. -- Eleanor Roosevelt