[plug] Got hacked....

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Fri May 16 23:13:48 WST 2008

Did something dumb..
On a world facing box I set up a test account for some mail games I've been playing with u:p
archiver:archiver..

24 hrs later I have 400 sshd processes running, an irc psybnc and an irc command and control server
all in /var/tmp/.bash..

Lucky I was all patched up with no local or remote exploits.. but a lot of valuable stuff I have on
this box is world writable..

A full 'debsums' verified nothing had been tampered with/replaced and I was not rooted.. but a
wakeup call none the less..

Brad