[plug] broadband with linux

Ian Ball ian at iball.id.au
Sat May 17 09:58:16 WST 2008

Hi,

Amnet offers ADSL2+ for $29 a month.  They also do Naked DSL for $19.95
a month, which includes a VoIP account.

Amnet also gives you a WAIX quota, which means that you can get plenty
of Linux ISOs from WAIX mirrors without it affecting your normal quota.
Also, updates will come via WAIX if you choose a suitable repository.

As others have mentioned, there is no need to worry about Linux
compatibility.  Just get a DSL modem, and connect it using Ethernet.
You can get either a 4 port or single port modem.  Many 4-port modems
(such as the Netcomm NB9+4W) come with wireless and a built in ATA for
your VoIP.

Kind Regards,
Ian