[plug] Statically Mounting USB Drives

Jason Posavec jasonposavec at iinet.net.au
Wed May 28 09:21:20 WST 2008

Hi All,

I can't seem to solve this problem, so I'm trying to find out if it
*can* actually be solved. I want to have USB drives as a permanent part
of fstab. More specifically, a USB thumb drive connected on one of the
internal motherboard connecters to run as my swap drive. Problem seems
to be that depending on what external USB drives may or may not be
switched on at boot time, Linux (and presumably any OS) seems to be a
bit random in the order it mounts USB drives.

Anyone know of a way it can be done statically?

Thanks,

Jason Posavec