[plug] Recycled machines

Fred Janon fjanon at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 16:02:34 WST 2008

Following up on my prvious post, I found a WANTED ad from Monday on
freecycle.org:

"Wanted Computer Any Area
Message #40818 of 40897
Hei Folks,
Posting this for a friend of mine who is blind and on a disability
pension - she
has about 2% vision and can read a monitor on large font
Her pc has just died and she is in desperate need of a replacement.
The big issue is that it needs to be bluetooth capable as transfering
her sms to
the pc via bluetoom is the only way she can read them.
She only needs the tower as her peripherals are ok, but if someone has
a full
system they want to get rid of I am happy to collect the lot and
re-freecycle
the left over components.
If anyone can help out we both would be extemely grateful, if you have
a system
but want to verify that this is a case of genuine need, email me your
phone
number and I can have her call you.
I am willing to collect from any area but due to heavy uni commitments
it would
need to be a late afternoon or evening collection.

Alternatively, if anyone knows any charities (I know there's a few PC
charities
around) that might be able to help out I'd be grateful to hear - I did
suggest
this to her she seems to think the bluetooth need would be an issue.
Thanks for reading
Paul

http://www.actnow.wa.gov.au/act-now/recycling/funding-and-support-for-community-recycling-projects.html